Geotechnical Engineer with Sales Talent
Optum Computational Engineering develops and distributes state-of-the-art design and simulation tools for the construction industry. Optum has four products in its software portfolio: OPTUM G2 and G3 for geotechnical design, and OPTUM CS and MP for design of reinforced concrete walls and slabs. All Optum's products are sold to companies (B2B) and Universities worldwide.
About your role
You will be focused on finding opportunities for Optum products in India. You will be responsible for achieving assigned sales quotas and goals for users and prospects located within a defined geographic territory. As Sales Engineer, you are expected to prospect and develop business, respond to RFPs and other incoming sales leads, develop proposals, and give presentations and demonstrations to existing users and prospects. You will be able to pick your own base within India, and you should be prepared for travelling up to 50% of your time.
Your day to day
- Responsible for selling assigned product into both new and existing users.
- Creating effective business plans, prospecting for net new business opportunities, and driving sales in assigned territory to exceed quota.
- Develop relationships at various levels including C-Level, VPs, Directors with target accounts through use of direct sales techniques and conduct on-site meetings.
- Develop a sales pipeline and forecast all revenue by effectively following sales process and managing all opportunities in CRM.
- Promote our value proposition to engineers to help the customers meet or exceed business objectives.
- Deliver software demonstrations for qualified prospects and users.
- Participate in relevant exhibitions, trade shows, and other events.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge and understanding of all Commercial Offerings and Software Support Policies.
- High level use and comfort utilizing social media and prospecting intelligence resources.
- Negotiate sales and/or service agreements.
- Maintain a high knowledge level of the company's solutions and services.
- Preferably you have a Master’s degree in geotechnical engineering.
- Solid understanding of geotechnical engineering and software such as Plaxis.
- You have some practical design experience in geotechnical engineering.
- You have commercial talent and you can deal with people in a pleasant non-intrusive manner.
- You are a creative self-starter. Strong quantitative and interpretive abilities.
- You combine customer focus with being service-oriented and highly motivated.
- You have a positive attitude, eye for detail, are resourceful and inquisitive.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively present information to users and prospects via phone, web and face-to-face.
- Software proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
You will be part of a small team spread across the World, in a company with solid business and ambitious plans for growth. We offer a dynamic and professional work environment and a competitive salary. You will have the opportunity to influence the company's future sales and marketing strategy. The company is based in Denmark, Copenhagen.
Further information about the position can be obtained by contacting CEO Jørgen Krabbenhøft on:
email@example.com or +45 30 11 63 55.